Friday, September 4, 2015

And Then There Were Three...

                           

Well, it's the end of the first week of school and we made it!! Three Pope kids are now in school! It is SUPER weird to only have two little ones at home, but there are a lot of things to look forward to in that. I have to be honest, there have been a ton of tears shed this week. Letting go of complete control over my children's environment is a HUGE struggle for me! Not, only that, but I just miss them. I love my kids and I miss them terribly.

God has been continually whispering to me a verse from Philippians that says, "Don't worry about anything, but in EVERYTHING, through prayer and petition with Thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." (4:6-7) He keeps reminding me that although many of our schools have tried to squeeze Him out, He is there! He does not leave my children when they step through the doors of their school and I can rest in that. THANK YOU LORD!

So, here are three things I'm looking forward to for this school year. 1. I get to spend more one-on-one time with my youngest two children! Reading books, learning shapes, colors, numbers and even Bible verses with these two will be a blast! 2. I get to invest in helping other mom's of young children by leading a Mops Bible study. 3. I will be able to see my three oldest learn what it's like to stand out and stand up for their faith in our local school which is a lesson that will help then stand firm for the rest of their lives!

Three things I'm trusting The Lord with in prayer are 1. My fear that my children will be harmed. I'm trusting Him to protect my children... Their minds, bodies and spirits. 2. I'm giving up trying to be everything to everyone and trusting Him to simply use me as a vessel of His love and grace wherever He sees fit.  And 3. I'm laying down my right to control every area of my children's lives and allowing Him room to work through different places and people... Remembering that it is what my children see and experience at home with their own parents that will impact them the most. Father, help us as we trust you with this school year! In Jesus precious name, Amen.

Sorry about my hubs in the background... We, of course, were in a hurry, but needed to capture the moment!:-) 2nd, 1st and Kindergarten... Look out!
                                               




1 comment: