Monday, February 18, 2013

He Makes Me Lie Down...

"...in green pastures." Psalm 23:2

He makes me... or He causes me. Regardless of which you prefer it's always "He." It's always He that does this. Not me. But it is up to me to see how green the pastures truly are.

To sheep a green pasture means the provision of nourishment for the physical body. Yes, daily, He gives our family our bread.

Never FAILING. It's always there and I'm grateful. But what if it wasn't what I wanted or what I felt would satisfy me? Would I still be able to rejoice in HIM. Simply Him.

The one who makes me lie down here.

As I look around me, my green pastures are full of an abundance of things. A warm, beautiful, home, good food, an incredible husband and four children who truly are a dream come true. I hear music and see art that I enjoy. The beauty of creation surrounds our home out in the woods.

Thank you Lord, for these green pastures. May we always worship you in the midst of whatever pasture you choose for us.

For there are days when they haven't been so green. There are moments when you have caused me to lay in places that don't feel green. Oh, but I know that they are. All I have to do is lift my eyes for a moment.

FOCUS. There is my shepherd.

Green pastures...

Always green.

"I say to the Lord, 'You are my Lord. I have no good apart from you.' The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup. You hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places. Indeed, I have a delightful inheritance." Psalm 16:2, 5-6


No comments:

Post a Comment