Side note: My daughter Kayla says she's thankful for mommy each night. It melts my heart, girls. Especially because she's 2 1/2 and throws multiple tantrums with me, and seemingly, at me every day. We're working on it.
Anyway, I tell you that to introduce a list of 25 things I'm thankful for. Don't get me wrong with this post. I have plenty of things I could gripe and complain about. Plenty of things that, in moments, I am not grateful for. However, I have learned over time that to focus on those things causes my spirit to regress. And in reality, I truly have many more things to be grateful for.
What about you? What are you thankful for? If you can spare 5 minutes, I encourage you to write a list of 25 things and keep it somewhere you can revisit. Pull it out any time as a reminder of God's gracious hand in your life. Especially on those days when you can't seem to pull yourself out of the pit of self-pity, dispair and regret. Take heart friends, we have so much to be grateful for! Veggie Tales says it best... "A thankful heart is a happy heart."
- My husband's determined commitment to Christ
- The Lord's grace
- Our children
- Our home
- Sisters in Christ to process life with
- A healthy, working body (I mean, as far as I know:))
- My mother
- My In-Laws (yes, I said it and it's true)
- Judah's bright eyes and smile
- Simeon's desire to please his parents and God
- Jada's in depth pretending with her dolls
- Kayla's shoulder shrugging, wrist twisting and eye brow raising when she talks
- Mentors (you know who you are:))
- My two sisters
- Safety in travel
- Reading and writing (may seem odd, but I truly enjoy both)
- Beauty (In every sense of the word)
- Netflix :)
- Freedom from sin
- Unconditional love
- Chocolate and peanut butter... one of the world's greatest combinations
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. Psalm 103:1-5