Thursday, November 15, 2012

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it...


Yep!  I AM SO EXCITED!!  I've received so much encouragement over the past few months through blogging that I thought I'd start one myself.  

The Lord challenged me to leave Facebook some time ago and I, very sheepishly left, because well, He told me to.  I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the COMPARISON MONSTER and me feeling like FB was calling my name all hours of the day.  In other words, it had a hold on me and not me on it.  Can anybody relate?  As He was calling me away from FB, He was also showing me how fond I had become of writing.  Especially when He was speaking.  After talking with my husband, we thought He was leading to this blog... My Name Is Mommy.

Where did I come up with the title, you ask?  Wellll, as we were driving one day, my 3 year old (at the time) son called me by my FIRST TIME and I FLIPPED OUT on him and told him very firmly that MY NAME IS MOMMY! 

Then I looked at my husband and burst into laughter at the statement.  

Who had I become?  Was my name still Kendra, because I, obviously did not think so.  

Anyway, my husband jokingly said that would be the name of my first book... Therefore it is the name of my first blog.

I hope you're encouraged by it.  I hope you encounter the living God through it as I have through so many others.  I'm not sure how often I will be posting.  We'll see how this develops and how I will find the time to write anything.  

"And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone."  1 Thessalonians 5:14

No comments:

Post a Comment