Tuesday, November 27, 2012

He Gently Leads

"He tends His flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those that have young." 
- Isaiah 40:11 -

Good morning friends! I would have loved to start the day earlier, but we're up, breakfast is done, and the day is rolling by. I'm choosing to make the best of it. You know those days when you wake up a little late and it seems like frustration and anxiety looms over your head the entire day? I'm going to resist that today with all that I have. Part of that is taking the time, regardless of my schedule, to sit at the feet of Jesus. He's waiting to speak and move daily. 

All I need to do is stop, listen, and obey.

I was so glad to read Isaiah 40 this morning. The text compares the Lord to a shepherd tending his flock of sheep.  The words that touched my heart this morning were "He gently leads those that have young." I have lots of "young." I need Him to gently lead me always. Who wants a harsh task master when you already have a slew of demands, failures, guilt? My heart longs for His gentle leading. It's what I need to be the mommy I'm supposed to be. I remember the words of Jesus from John 15:5b, "Apart from me, you can do nothing." It's true. I can do nothing of eternal significance without Him. 

Will you pray with me for your day today?

Heavenly Father, You are Awesome. You are worthy of our time and focus.  You're worthy of our praise. We lay ourselves at Your feet today and ask that You would lead us in all that we do. We submit this day to Your good will, Lord. We acknowledge that You always know what's right and what's best and we trust You to lead us to just that. As we teach and train our children, gently lead us today.  Gently stop us when we're impatient and frustrated and remind us of how patient You have been with us. Remind us of Your long suffering Father and produce that same patience within us today. Thank You for carrying "Your sheep" close to Your heart. There is no place we'd rather be. In the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, I pray. Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment