Friday, November 30, 2012

He Gives Strength to the Weary

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men will stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

I know you all will not believe this, but I get the comment all the time. "I don't know how you do it!"  Referring to the number of children (4) we have and their ages (5,4,2 1/2, & almost 1). At least I'm pretty sure people not referring to being married to Timotheus.;) When I get this comment, I often don't know how to respond. I tend to agree with people and say, I don't know either, but something in my heart hesitates to say that because it's not true. I do know how I do it. 

At times the responsibility of being the mother of four young children is a great burden.  The daily tasks are overwhelming. The emotional tole is too much. Then I read passages like the one I read today.

"...but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." 

I know my answer. I know how I do it.  It's not by my strength. Thank you for reminding me of that Lord.

It may sound strange, but I'll give credit where credit is due. The Lord renews my strength when I put my hope in Him.  It's really that simple.  Am I perfect at this?  I'll give you one guess.  Do I ever grow weary? Guess again.  YES I DO.  But I know The One who DOES NOT grow weary, nor does He faint. He doesn't even sleep. He promises His people that when we put our hope in Him our strength will be renewed and we will soar. Our weariness will be overcome and we will not faint, but walk instead.

I believe that.  Do you? 

When my hope is misplaced, I begin to feel weary and faint. I get tired and I stumble. When my hope is fixed in the right place, my strength is renewed and life is really too good.

Where have we placed our hope today?

My prayer is the next time I hear this comment, I'll be quick to respond humbly and lovingly that God gives me what what I need moment by moment to fully live the life He's so graciously given. Not that people are asking for a response, but there is always silence after the comment is made, as if people want to know what the big secret is. It may sound too spiritual for whoever is asking, but it's very practical to me. We serve an everlasting God. I believe what He promises to those who believe in Him. How could I not?  It is made evident to me, daily.

What about you? Will you soar with me today?

Thanks for reading... I'm going to go warm up my coffee from this morning and enjoy the rest of it while the two young ones are napping and the two oldest are entertaining themselves, and I better hurry while the moment lasts!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment